Skip to main content

Be grateful, always!

be grateful, obsessively.
There's this girl that caught my attention last night. I was working late, Lies, I was watching a movie till late. Somewhere half-way through, nikaboeka. So I decided maybe it's best if I utilised by 'insomnia moments' to free-up some space on my kampiuta.

My computer; Local disk D

I love my comp, it's mine anyway 😛. So, this computer has everything everywhere. I have a hundred and one folders. I have been planning for the day I will arrange everything appropriately, I am still planning. When I do, trust me, I will give you tips on how to. Love is sharing...right? 

Fast forward, I am done deleting old stuff that I don't really think I will be needing again, compiling the approved assignments in one folder, the rejected ones(yes, there are times the devil is on your case and you get assignments rejected, yes, with a very low rating *sob sob) on another etc. I notice my Computer's local disk D only has a few GBs of storage remaining. I click it open to see the items that have decided to establish a home in there. 

I come across this folder, 'little angel'. I am struck with grief. Yes, I attempt fighting back the tears that well up around my eyes but then I remember, I am alone, so I can cry all I want. I am thinking, why is life so unfair? I am at the verge of asking God many questions but then I remember that that is not right. 

Little angles story

I renamed this folder this way because I truly feel the little girl is shining with the angles, or has become an angel herself. Sometime last year, a client, through another client (power of referrals) asked me to complete some tasks for her. This time, I was required to make motion pictures with some background music. The client had over 2000 photos of her little girl. These photos were the contents of the 'little angel' folder. The girl had succumbed to cancer. Yes, looking at her photos she must have been around 7-8 years, but yes, she got cancer. 

The photos, being very many, tell a story. By looking at them, you can easily see the journey the girl has been through. Through the photos, I saw how cancer slowly consumed the little one. Sad. From her hair falling off, her teeth oh, Gosh. Ata sijui niseme nini.

I remember doing the edits but crying all through. It was a tough assignment. One that I was not going to charge a single penny for. There was no way I could. 

Lesson Learnt

I was inspired by the girl, and the mom. They always wore their smiles. I could easily tell the mother was always there for her, all through the stages. She evidently did everything humanly possible to see to it that her daughter was happy, albeit for a short time. Their photos speak volumes. Lots of love.  They enjoyed valuable moments together. And don't get it twisted, she has very many photos of the two of them together, long before even the girl fell sick. Kakiwa kadogo bado. The girl must have known/felt her mother's love; for real. 

I did not delete anything on my local disk D. I just knelt, said a word of prayer and retired went to bed. Reflecting on my own life, I realised I have a lot to be grateful for, so do you. Quit the whining. What you think is a bad day for you would be a day in paradise for another. 

Be grateful, always, and like they always say; treat people you meet kindly, they would be fighting battles you know nothing about. 

(C) Mama Carla 2018

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is your love language? The five languages of saying 'I love you'

What are love languages?  Love languages refer to the different ways in which people express and receive love. Understanding your partner's love language can be a great way to strengthen your relationship and show your partner how much you care. In this blog, we will discuss the five types of love languages. 5 Types of Love Languages 1. Words of Affirmation:  This love language involves expressing love through words. People who value words of affirmation appreciate compliments, kind words, and thoughtful messages. They feel loved when their partner tells them how much they mean to them, how beautiful they look, or how proud they are of them. 2. Acts of Service:  This love language involves expressing love through actions. People who value acts of service appreciate when their partner does things for them, such as cooking them dinner, doing the laundry, or running errands. They feel loved when their partner helps them out or takes care of them. 3. Receiving Gifts:  This love languag

I'M FINE, THANK YOU.

Me: Here, have my number...0725 The other person: aha, wait 0725 Me: Aha I had lost concentration. Now I was responding like I was the one being given contacts. My concentration had left without my consent. It happens... At some point in our lives, we happen loose our attentiveness whether intentionally or not. I remember how my CRE teacher had me attend that lesson on my knees. Her sight or the lesson simply had my attention hop out of the window faster than lightening. I also recall this friend who invited me to a wedding committee days after my shop had been ransacked sometime back. I did not attend. I did not tell him why. See, sometimes, you are dealing with issues but the smile on your face betrays you. People expect 'A*' from you, while you cannot even offer an 'a'. If you are a reserved about your personal life, you may not share a lot. And they might not understand, anyway. It's like when people think you are associated with some rich human, t

He almost ruined my Day...

I woke in high spirits today. For working moms, this doesn't just happen. We sleep late and wake up early. So yes, this role is fulfilling and very demanding at the same time. Its harder when you do not have a DM. (Lol, you'd be forgiven to think I am a mother of Four, three jumpy babies and one lazy Omuhusband. 😁 😁 ) Anyway, DM or no DM, parenting cannot be delegated. Back to the high spirits, so I did my chores and was at the Matatu stop on time, Bus or tuk-tuk stage ukipenda . So, idk where the vehicles were. We, si I waited. Anyway, one finally did come and as you can imagine, many of us who are still in a walking nation were at the stage. So yes, demand was higher than supply. We are huffed in like no ones business. Fast-forward na nimefika job, dude pitisha's me to the next stop. This is despite me calling on him as loud as I could. Those who know me in person know I can get loud. My voice kinda offended him so akaamua tu anipitishe to ge